Among my personal favorites, here is one nourishing, wholesome drink prepared using almonds and milk called badami haalu (badam milk). This is a popular one in Karnataka.
- Soak the almonds in hot water for 15 - 30 minutes. Then peel the skins of the almonds. (I usually bring water to a rolling boil, add almonds and then turn off the stove. This way, almonds need about 1o minutes of soaking to remove the skins. Also, removing the skins is optional. If you don't want to remove the skins, skip this step).
- While the almonds are soaking, heat the milk, powder the cardamom and soak the saffron in a little hot milk for about 1o minutes.
- Grind the almonds and saffron smooth, adding milk as needed.
- Add this ground paste, sugar and cardamom powder to the milk and stir well, till the sugar is dissolved.
- This can be served hot or chilled.
"The Power of Schmooze Award is for bloggers who “effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don’t limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship.”
These awards go to every blogger I have met in the virtual world, who are unique and special in their own ways.