HOME        |        ABOUT        |        COPYRIGHT        |        CONTACT        |         RECIPE INDEX        |         INDIAN THAALIS        |         MILLET RECIPES        |        EVENTS' ROUNDUP        

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Plagiarism Strikes Again

Whenever someone copies my work, I feel like screaming from rooftops at the plagiarists for their thievery. I had my first taste of plagiarism when I was only a couple of months old in the blogging world. It was not fun. After three years of blogging and many similar episodes, I would love to feel that I do not care any more about these blatant, shame less acts but seems they still make me mad. One of my readers brought to my attention about a blogger named Sireesha who blogs at Momrecipes. Later today, another blogger friend forwarded an email which mentioned about the above said blogger copying the work of several other bloggers. Content (some / whole) of my pandumirapakaya pachchadi, pappula podi and tindora chutney recipes has been copied by her. There may be chances that we both have the same recipes but same words?? HELL NO!! She took pains in rearranging the sentences/writing one or two sentences of her own. Check her post URLs. http://momrecipies.blogspot.com/2008/08/pandu-mirapakaya-pachadi.html http://momrecipies.blogspot.com/2008/11/pappula-podi-spicy-roasted-chickpea.html http://momrecipies.blogspot.com/2009/11/dondakaya-pachadi-tindora-chutney.html Check the site to see if any of your posts/images have been copied. And finally, to anyone who is trying to copy from my blog, I would like to say .... I would appreciate if you respect my time and energy invested in blogging and do not try to copy my work. If you really like my work, leave a comment. If you tried & liked my recipe and want to mention it, give a link to my post and I greatly welcome and appreciate it. If you simply want to lift the content from other bloggers including mine and rearrange the sentences, that is not creative and nobody needs a duplicate blog when there is an original one. If you have any self respect, stop plagiarising.

Comments

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy!! the red chilly pachadi is an exact copy. She did not even bother to change the text. I feel sorry for you, but stay strong and fight!

Nivedita Thadani said...

Hi
I am with you!!
Same thing she has done with my posting, exactly the same words, only changing daughter's name.
Very shameful.
Let us know is there any way to fight this!!!!

Sonia said...

Oh Suma, don't give up. I can understand your situation and how do u feel right now. The internet is wild world so protect your work more strictly. All d best!

Anonymous said...

Check out the Rava Kesari recipe in her blog.It is a direct copy from Premascookbook.blogspot.com.I feel sorry for you.Do not give up and keep fighting.

Anonymous said...

Momrecipes has copied Rava kesari (including image) from Premascookbook.blogspot.com. She is contributing these copied items to events. Shameful!

Anonymous said...

I had been following her blog all this while & yet I couldn't sense that she could have copied the entire text.

Now that everyone is aware of it, I don't think anyone will follow her blog seriously any more.

We are with you Suma

Unknown said...

Good JOB!

You have boldly pointed out....Shameless creatures...She has copied almost verything and now she has started to delete one by one...

Ash said...

Hi!

Can we really do something about this.....I really feel EWWW!!!! I did check before forwarding the mail to you...but could not really get clarity over it.... But after reading the anonymous comment in your space, I did check back the mentioned posts...OMG!!!! They are exactly the same.... I was shocked.... She just changed the plate of the ksheera or kesari baath...
How dumb could she be....!!!

I think even copying is in a way a kinda art.... but when u know u r not good at it... One should not attempt it... We take all the troubles preparing, drafting & somebody just xeroxes it reproduces.... claiming appreciations..... to such an extent...

Why cant all of us leave comments in her forged space.... taunting her.... She should be told.. what she is.... A cheat, 420, thief..etc., etc., Can we not do that..all of us....just load her space with !#$###$%$%^$^...

Just wondering!!!! Or what else could be done....????

When we prepare something & post it & receive appreciations for it...We feel good about our efforts.... but how can one feel good over somebody else 's efforts... GOD ALONE KNOWS!!!! God alone should help them....

I love what Chitra Sendhil does on her blog...She tries recipes of fellow bloggers & posts it too, mentioning the same... It makes the blogger proud, to who that prep belongs.... I compared my prep with hers (the pics) & I found hers was much much better than my original Spinach Dal...Hmmm!!!!

All said & done.... Still not sure of what the solution is?????

Ash....
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Sarah Naveen said...

oh man..
something should be really done...
I doubt whther i m gonna be the next victim of this dirty act.....
With the new who is among us widget i can see people copying my recipes and pictures......even my profile picture..u know...
i checked ur pappula podi...and its the same....Hooo!!!!
Lets unite and do smthing...

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

OMG!!! suma, i checked the pappula podi post, even the sentence eating with upma, learnt from husband is been copied. Shameless creatures, she hasnt even given any explanation for what has happened!!! Stay Strong suma, all the best