I know it seems like over dosage of cookies this week but each one is different and delicious in it's own way. I had planned and baked something else but could not let go without posting these crunchy, buttery, shortbread cookies that have become our recent favorite.
Ingredients: (yield about 22 cookies)
1 cup almond flour (or just grind almonds in a food processor.)
1 & 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup melted butter (vegan margarine for vegan version)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
* Preheat the oven to 350 deg F / 175 deg C.
* Add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until dough is formed. Or work the dough with hand in a mixing bowl.
* Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Divide the mixture into 20 (more or less) equal portions. Roll each one to a ball and flatten it slightly.
* Arrange them on an ungreased cooking sheet.
* Bake until golden or for about 15 minutes.
Linking this to
1. Srivalli's "Kid's Delight" event, guest hosted by Priya this month with the theme "Eggless / Vegan Bakes".
2. Anjali's "Cakes, Cookies & Desserts" event.
Check here to find out what the other marathoners participating in this BM are cooking.