HOME        |        ABOUT        |        COPYRIGHT        |        CONTACT        |         RECIPE INDEX        |         INDIAN THAALIS        |         MILLET RECIPES        |        EVENTS' ROUNDUP        

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pizza Rolls

 
Here is one more yummy snack idea for the "Pizza" themed week of BM #43. I had used the dough that I posted on yesterday's post to prepare these yummy rolls which were a hit at home. Homemade or store bought pizza dough can be used. Even puff pastry sheet / bread dough can be substituted for the pizza dough. One can add their favorite toppings and seasonings. I am just giving the general directions below.

Ingredients:
Pizza dough
Pizza sauce
Mozzarella cheese
Any pizza seasonings (optional)
Cornmeal for dusting

Method:
* On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough into a rectangle, make dimples with your fingers and brush the surface with olive oil.
* Then spread pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and seasonings if
using. Roll it into a tight log.
 
(At this point I chilled  the log for about 20 minutes as my pizza dough was very soft and I had read somewhere that it would be easy to cut the rolls without them falling apart when chilled.)
* Preheat the oven to 350 deg F. Sprinkle cornmeal over the baking sheets.
* Cut the log into one inch slices and place on the cornmeal sprinkled sheet.
 
* Place them in the oven and bake until slightly browned or for about 15 - 20 minutes.
Comments

8 comments:

Varada's Kitchen said...

That looks like a delicious snack with the melted mozzarella cheese.

Unknown said...

wow such an delicious and tempting pizza roll :) tempting me!! .. I wud love to finish them all !!

Srivalli said...

I love these rolls and are super hit with kids..very nice and I enjoyed all your pizza creations..

Priya Suresh said...

Seriously i loved this theme, ur pizza rolls looks very addictive Suma.

Harini R said...

My lil one will eat anything if I add pizza in the front :) These ones also were a super hit.

nandoos kitchen said...

yummy rolls..

Sneha's Recipe said...

A delicious looking rolls.

Chef Mireille said...

these look so soft and delicious