Ingredients for 6 pancakes:
1 tbsp flax meal (Or one egg substitute)
1 cup all purpose flour (Substitute half the quantity with wheat flour for an healthier version.)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. melted butter
1 cup milk (preferably at room temperature.)
Honey / maple syrup to serve
1. Whisk flax meal and 3 tbsp. warm water together and leave aside for about 5 minutes.
2. Peel and slice the peaches, lengthwise or chop them fine.
3. Heat a griddle / non stick pan on medium heat such that a drop of water beads when dropped on it.
4. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar and salt in a bowl. Whisk the flax meal from step 1, melted butter and milk in another bowl. Combine both dry and wet ingredients and whisk the mixture to a thick batter. Stir the peaches in the batter if they were chopped fine.
5. Pour about 1/4 cup batter of batter onto the pan. Arrange 3 to 4 slices on the spread batter. Or place the slices first on the pan and pour batter above them. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the bottom side turns golden brown. Flip the pancake with a spatula and cook for about 30 - 40 seconds more. Transfer onto a serving plate. Repeat the steps with the remaining batter.
6. Serve the pancakes warm with maple syrup or honey.