HOME        |        ABOUT        |        COPYRIGHT        |        CONTACT        |         RECIPE INDEX        |         INDIAN THAALIS        |         MILLET RECIPES        |        EVENTS' ROUNDUP        

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Apple - Badam Mix Drink


I was on a blogging break, for those who have been wondering to which hole I disappeared into for the past few months. A break that spanned over two seasons without intentionally meaning to. A break when I didn't glance at my blog, touch my camera or peek into my email folder even once. 

Now getting back into business, here is a quick and flavorful drink using only three ingredients - apple, milk and badam mix powder. The latter one sold by the south Indian brand MTR is an instant mix of ground almonds, sugar, milk solids and cardamom. A small quantity of this instant mix is usually blended with milk and served either cold or hot. This almond milk aka 'baadami haalu' is a popular beverage sold in restaurants across Bangalore. 

For today's drink, I blended 1/2 peeled apple, 1 cup milk and 2 tbsp. almond instant mix powder. This can be served cold as a milkshake or the mixture can be boiled on low heat and served warm. It tastes delicious either way.

This post goes to Blogging marathon #85 under the theme "Recipes using three ingredients". Check out the page to read what other marathoners are cooking.
 bmlogo

Comment

10 comments:

vaishali sabnani said...

All good nutritious ingredients packed for not that glass . The MTR is a popular brand and it’s masala mix is very flavourful .
And yes welcome back !

Priya Suresh said...

Interesting drink with just three ingredients. Adding apple sounds fabulous, drink looks ultimate.

Srivalli said...

Well I thought you came back only to get back into the hole again..hehehe..anyway good to see you back..this quick 3 ingredient drink is just the right one to indulge right now!

Jayashree said...

My daughter has recently become a badam milk fan. Will try out this variation some time.

Sandhiya said...

Nice twist to the regular badam milk. I hope it tastes like the combination of badam milk and apple smoothie. Sounds delicious.

Harini R said...

Welcome back, Suma. This drink is definitely a refreshing one. It has been ages since I had the MTR Badam mix. I would love to try the warmer version.

Ritu Tangri said...

Welcome back Suma! Its always refreshing to take a break and you have come back with a delicious drink

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said...

I love the MTR badam milk powder and I make my own mix and keep it. This is a great recipe to use the badam milk powder and have a varied taste.

code2cook said...

very healthy and nutritious drink. A perfect post-workout snack too.

cookingwithsapana said...

Glad you are back dear. This drink looks simple yet very flavorful and healthy to start the day.