Baked garbanzo beans is going to be my last post of the BM#21 under "Copy Cat" theme. This perfectly crunchy, guilt free snack comes from Vardhini of Cook's Joy. I had noted it down in one of the previous marathons and this recipe did yield very good results. I thoroughly enjoyed this non greasy, healthy snack.
1.5 cups chickpeas /garbanzo beans / chana
Salt and chili powder to taste
Cumin powder and/or any spice powder preferred as per taste
Oil to spray or a Tbsp of oil
* Soak garbanzo beans overnight and pressure cook them for about 3 whistles, without turning them mushy. Drain and cool the beans.
Skip this step if you are using canned beans. Rinse the canned beans before using.
* Preheat the oven to 400 deg F. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil and keep aside.
* Add salt, chili powder, cumin powder / any other spice powder preferred to the beans and mix well. If you are not spraying the oil, you can add a Tbsp of oil to the beans mixture and mix well.
* Spread the beans on the prepared baking sheet. Spray it with oil.
* Place the sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 40 - 50 minutes or until they turn crunchy. Actually I baked for an hour and left the sheet in the turned off oven for 10 minutes more.
The original recipe mentioned that the beans would turn rock hard if baked longer than needed and so, pay attention to the beans at the final stages of baking.
Check what other marathoners are cooking, here.