Owing to my daughter's affinity towards brownies, I went ahead and signed up for chocolate based muffins / cupcakes theme during this blogging marathon. I hadn't got any opportunity to bake chocolate muffins / cupcakes until now though I have made choco cakes. I had earlier bookmarked a recipe from Eggless Cooking and this was a perfect opportunity to try them out. This recipe is fool proof and yields very moist, yummy and flavor filled muffins.
I had baked two other kinds of muffins on the same day and so I halved the original recipe. It took ten minutes more baking than the original recipe mentioned. I usually eat a tiny portion of a muffin / cupcake to just test the texture and taste because of the calories while my daughter rarely eats them. This time however we both were after these fluffy muffins and so this recipe is a keeper for me. :)
Ingredients: (Yield 6 muffins)
2 Tbsp milk + 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup mashed bananas
6 Tbsp sugar
2 - 3 Tbsp melted butter
1. Mix together milk and vinegar and set aside until it curdles.
2. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or grease them.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 deg F or 180 deg C.
1. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. Combine the mashed banana, milk - vinegar mixture, vanilla extract, butter and sugar in another bowl.
3. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients in the step 1. Mix well until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling only about 3/4th of each cup.
5. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes (I had to bake for about 10 minutes more.) or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
Check what other marathoners of BM#23 are cooking, here.