HOME        |        ABOUT        |        COPYRIGHT        |        CONTACT        |         RECIPE INDEX        |         INDIAN THAALIS        |         MILLET RECIPES        |        EVENTS' ROUNDUP        

Friday, April 26, 2013

Banana - Gooseberry Milkshake


My son always has loved milkshakes and even now he likes to be surprised by a new variety each time he drinks one. I see no problem in it as I see shakes/smoothies as a healthy way to serve milk and fruit to kids instead of offering junk food as snacks. Sometimes during time crunches, they can be a quick, filling breakfast too. I like to whip up new ones just keeping him in mind and this goose berry one was made at the spur of the moment since I happened to notice the gooseberry preserves bottle in the refrigerator while I was grabbing the milk can. Recently my husband got a bottle from IKEA and instantly we fell in love with it. The small sized, sweet bananas (the elakki balehannu kind) I used lend creaminess and sweetness to the shake. 
Milkshakes are hardly recipes. Just by the title, you can guess what went into a milkshake. Nonetheless here is what you need for this shake. For one serving - blend a cup of cold milk, 2 small bananas and 2 Tbsp gooseberry preserves. And a rich, creamy, nutritious drink is ready to enjoy.


17 comments:

Hari Chandana said...

Interesting combination.. Yummy !!

Suresh Urs said...

Nice Milkshake and it's of simple and easy way it is posted thanks. Fantastic post. The way it is presented is awesome. Clickfood.

Priya Suresh said...

Very healthy and definitely very innovative combination, beautiful shake.

Srivalli said...

That's so nice to know Suma. Wish my kids would try these milkshakes. They are at an age, where nothing other than chocolates appeal to them. Hopefully as they grow older they will develop taste for these...the milkshake sounds so good and healthy!

vaishali sabnani said...

I don't think I can ever think of this combo. Interesting!

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

super combo n nice glass.
maha

Harini R said...

Interesting combo! I never came across these gooseberry preserves in IKEA. I should look for them the next time!

The Pumpkin Farm said...

i can imagine, u deifnitely make a lot of combinations so ur son, would never know :)

kitchen queen said...

lovely and wonderful combo refreshing milk shake.

Raji said...

Wow, lot of interesting recipes in your blog. Milk shakes are very kids friendly. Please check if the high amount of Vit C in gooseberry would actually curdle the milk. I have become skeptical in adding milk to anything or anything else to milk. I have been reading that milk protein stops the absorption of many nutrients from fruits and ohter sources. Please validate this info since I dont have any proofs!

Unknown said...

Thats an interesting milkshake.

Rajani S said...

A new combination for me. Never tried this or even heard about this before. Good one!

preeti garg said...

Delicious and tasty for summer treat

sujitha said...

Nerver it'll come to tought to combine the combo... perfect invotative recipe....

veena said...

this is a new combo. Looks creamy and rich

Pavani said...

My son loves milkshakes too. This one sounds interesting and delicious. how does the gooseberry preserve taste? I'm going to IKEA this weekend, maybe I'll buy a bottle based on your feedback. tks.

Archana said...

Wow that is a lovely combo.