HOME        |        ABOUT        |        COPYRIGHT        |        CONTACT        |         RECIPE INDEX        |         INDIAN THAALIS        |         MILLET RECIPES        |        EVENTS' ROUNDUP        

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Chocolate Bark



Chocolate barks are one of the easiest holiday no-bake treats. They are great to pass on as gifts during the holiday season and can be done in no time. Preparation of bark is really a child's play and nothing can go wrong with the preparation. You just melt and stir. Go with dark / milk chocolate or chocolate chips. Nuts / dry fruits / seeds / pretzels / anything you prefer can be the additions. I went with cashews, pistachios, almonds, raisins, dried cranberries and white chocolate chips. They disappear in no time at my home when my daughter is around.

Ingredients:
Dark chocolate / Milk chocolate/ Chocolate Chips - one pound
Preferred toppings - 1/2 to 3/4 cup

Method:
* Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
* Place chocolate /chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and set over a pot of simmering water. Stir until chocolate melts. Remove from heat.
* Pour melted chocolate onto the baking sheet and spread it evenly. Sprinkle toppings over chocolate. I added the toppings into the melted chocolate directly and spread it on the sheet and so there are few toppings.
* Refrigerate until firm. Remove from the foil and break bark into pieces.
 

Check what other marathoners are cooking during this month long marathon. 

Comments

23 comments:

The Pumpkin Farm said...

that is cool way to use up the chocolate bars that are left after major baking events, love it, like having ur own fruit and nut bar

Akila said...

Hey Suma you really rock dear... This should be very easy... Bookmarked...
Event: Dish name starts with R till April 15th and a giveaway

vaishali sabnani said...

yeah these bars are simple..but sinful too... I make rocks in the same manner , but to make barks is a wonderful option!

Gayathri Kumar said...

This is my daughter's fav snack. The bark looks so nice with those crunchy nuts...

Rafeeda AR said...

these looks amazing...

Vimitha Durai said...

Wish I could have a bite. nice one
Hudson Canola Giveaway

Priya Suresh said...

Cant resist to these irresistible bark, addictive.

Srivalli said...

Nothing can go wrong with this and no one will ever say no for a treat..looks great Suma..

Savi-Ruchi said...

I make these barks for my son's snack. At the end, I end up eating more than him :D

Chef Mireille said...

what a quick and easy one!

Harini R said...

That is really cool. I wish my kids liked chocolate.

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

Beautiful clicks...n luks yummy..

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said...

Such a simple recipe and the possibilities of the toppings are endless! very cute :)

Pavani said...

I think I watched Ina Garten make these on her show. Very quick and easy to make, but will definitely wow the guests.

Unknown said...

colourfull looking chocloates.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful addition of cranberries to the bark. Lovely color

Rajani S said...

The colourful toppings makes this a perfect gift, right? Try drizzling melted white chocolate on top of this, it looks really good!

Vanamala Hebbar said...

delicious bar..

Suma Gandlur said...

Rajani, I didn't have white chocolate while preparing the bark. If I would have had then there would have been entirely a different recipe. :)

Kalyani said...

super yummy ! i would love to make this for a weekend with my elder daughter. and she would be too glad to help me.. bookmarked !

Kalyani
Sizzling Tastebuds
Event : Summer Splash + Giveaway

preeti garg said...

Again chocolate recipe.. makes me hungry.. what a mouthwatering and nutty bark

Padmajha said...

If I am to make this my lil one won't even get a bite. They look so tempting that I am sure to gobble them all!!

veena said...

My daughter is drooling over the pics!!!Awesome clicks