This makes a quick fix and yummy chocolate treat for kids. It hardly takes five minutes to prepare and so an apt one for play dates or even kids' based parties. I came across this chocolate - cereal based sweet somewhere on the web and barely remembered the ingredients when I got to make this today. I could neither recall the name of the recipe nor the quantities of the ingredients. I just kinda eyeballed the measurements and came up with this crunchy treat.
1 cup shredded wheat (I used this.)
1 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. semisweet chocolate chips
1 heaped tbsp. of chocolate peanut butter / regular peanut butter
1/4 cup - A mixture of unsweetened cocoa powder + icing sugar
* The ratio of cocoa powder and sugar can be adjusted to the preferred sweet level.
* Melt butter, chocolate chips and peanut butter on low flame and stir to a smooth mixture.
* Turn off the stove and add shredded wheat and mix well to coat with the chocolate - butter mixture.
* Add the cocoa and sugar mixture to a plastic bag with seal or a brown paper bag. Add the shredded wheat from the above step to the bag and close it. Shake the bag well until the wheat pieces are coated with cocoa mixture uniformly.
This goes to the following events.
1. Blogging marathon #73
2. Srivalli's Kids' Delight event, hosted by Kalyani this month with the theme 'Chocolate'.