HOME        |        ABOUT        |        COPYRIGHT        |        CONTACT        |         RECIPE INDEX        |         INDIAN THAALIS        |         MILLET RECIPES        |        EVENTS' ROUNDUP        

Monday, June 5, 2017

Whole Wheat Waffles


The recipes I try from kingarthurflour website usually turn out to be hits and these waffles are no exception. These whole wheat waffles are adapted from this recipe and they yield light, little crunchy on the outside and fluffy inside kind waffles. I cooked them for extra time and so, they have a dark hue. I was planning to freeze them and so, there are not any toppings in the pictures.

Yield: 4 generous, round 7 inched Belgian style waffles
Ingredients:
1 flax egg or any substitute for 1 egg
1.5 cup white whole wheat flour *
1.5 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tbsp. sugar (I used Splenda sweetener.)
1.5 cup like warm milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup oil / melted butter (I used scant 1/4 cup canola oil.) 
* I used atta, Indian style whole wheat flour 
 
Instructions:
* For flax egg, combine 1 tbsp. flax meal and 3 tbsp. warm water in a small bowl and leave aside for about 5 minutes.
* Preheat the waffle iron.
* Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
* Whisk together egg, milk, vanilla and oil / butter in another bowl.
* Mix together the dry and wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
* Cook waffles according to your waffle iron instructions. 
bmlogo
This post goes to Blogging marathon #77 under the theme "Whole Grains". Check out the page to read what other marathoners are cooking.

Comments

11 comments:

Nisha said...

I love them. :) They have come out so beautifully. :) :)

Harini R said...

These waffles look awesome!

sushma said...

Waffles look super delicious.

Gayathri Kumar said...

Whenever I see a picture of waffle I am extremely tempted but unfortunately we don't get good quality waffle makers here. Yours have come out picture perfect...

Jyoti Babel said...

i would want to try waffles at home. looks iviting

rajani said...

KAF is a reliable recipe source. I too haven't had a single fail from there. Waffles looks impressive and it's a good idea to make it ahead and freeze them for later.

Priya Suresh said...

How prefect those waffles looks, who can resist to this excellent waffles, love to kick my day with this waffles.

Srivalli said...

Those waffles look so impressive..I will have to try these soon..

Pavani said...

KAF is my go-to site for all things baking and most flour based dishes. These waffles look so crispy on the outside. Love your presentation.

Mayuri Patel said...

I love waffles that are crunchy on the outside and soft inside. These waffles look so tempting and love the colour.

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

never had waffles, but i so love them for how they look, it must be tasting amazing!! :)