HOME        |        ABOUT        |        COPYRIGHT        |        CONTACT        |         RECIPE INDEX        |         INDIAN THAALIS        |         MILLET RECIPES        |        EVENTS' ROUNDUP        

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Announcing "Cooking With Whole Foods - LB - Toor Dal / Pigeon Peas"


I am glad to announce that Kiran's "Cooking with Whole Foods" event stops by this month at VeggiePlatter for it's next edition. As the name suggests, this event is all about healthy whole foods and each edition focuses on a particular ingredient from the group. I chose to go with bean / legume category and picked "Toor dal".

I, like millions of other Indian vegetarians depend on toor dal / pigeon peas for sustenance and so thought of showing my respect to this nourishing dal during this event. This happens to be a bimonthly event and so everyone gets plenty of time to choose and cook those special 'toordal' dishes. I am hoping the fellow foodies are going to make this event successful. :) Thanks in advance. 

Please follow these guidelines to participate:
1. Create any vegetarian dish with 'toordal' being the main ingredient. Post about it on your blog before June 10th and send me an email. The last date to send entries is June 10th.
2. Toor dal in all forms is accepted. - Fresh or dried, split or whole.
3. Any course or cuisine is welcome and no eggs please.
4. If you have any special toordal dish in your archives that you like to showcase, send them over as well. Just remember to repost it with a link to this post and Kiran's main announcement page.
5. Non bloggers can email me the recipe. I would gladly include them in the final round up.
6. Multiple entries are allowed.
7. Linking to this page and Kiran's announcement page are mandatory. Usage of logo is also mandatory.
8. Send me an email at toveggieplatter@hotmail.com with 'toor dal' as the subject with the following details.
* Your name
* Recipe name
* Recipe URL
* Picture URL

21 comments:

Sravs said...

nice event !!! will love to send some entries !!

harini-jaya said...

Are you sure you are ready to be flooded with toor dal?:)

Kiran said...

Dear Suma,

Thank you for hosting Cooking with Whole Foods.

Waiting to see all the delicacies with toordaal/pigeonpeas from our blogger and non-blogger friends.

Best Wishes,
Kiran

Raji said...

Happy hosting...already sent in my first entry :)

Aruna Manikandan said...

Happy hosting dear...
count me in :)

Priya Suresh said...

Happy hosting Suma,will send my entries..

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

Nice event!Would love to be part of this event

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow...sounds great....will send in my entry soon....

Rani acharyulu said...

Nice event.Happy hosting.First time here in your space.Love to send some entries.

Usha said...

Will send you at least couple of entries.. :)

Sonia said...

Nice event, my first time here and will definitely send the Toor dal entries

Unknown said...

My blog's name is Nirmala's kitchen and URL http://nimmuguru blog spot.com
I wish to take part in your event.My email id is nirmalaguru@gmail.com

Archana Vivek said...

Sent an entry..nice event.

lubnakarim06 said...

Sent u my entry....

Vardhini said...

I just sent my entries for event. Love toordal. I am sure you are going to be flooded with entries. :)

http://vardhiniskitchen.blogspot.com/

Shobha said...

Nice event...will send my entries soon.
Happy hosting!

Kalyani said...

Lovely event dear .. Just mailed you two entries..

Cheers
Kalyani aka Mom Chef
Ragi Event @ My blog : http://itsnotmadrasi.blogspot.com/2011/05/new-event-announcement-wwc-ragi-for.html

Deepthi KR said...

Cheers on ur successful running of marathon....

look for more news on ur blog @ FOOD BLOG NEWS

Happy Blogging!!!!
Food Blog News Daily
Good Food Recipes

Aarthi said...

I am planning to send some interesting recipe for this

Eat Hearty said...

Nice Event!! Just sent one my fav dish for this event!!

Ankita
http://eat-hearty.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I'd like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this website.

I really hope to see the same high-grade content by you
in the future as well. In truth, your creative writing
abilities has inspired me to get my very own blog now ;)