I am glad to announce that Kiran's "Cooking with Whole Foods" event stops by this month at VeggiePlatter for it's next edition. As the name suggests, this event is all about healthy whole foods and each edition focuses on a particular ingredient from the group. I chose to go with bean / legume category and picked "Toor dal".
I, like millions of other Indian vegetarians depend on toor dal / pigeon peas for sustenance and so thought of showing my respect to this nourishing dal during this event. This happens to be a bimonthly event and so everyone gets plenty of time to choose and cook those special 'toordal' dishes. I am hoping the fellow foodies are going to make this event successful. :) Thanks in advance.
Please follow these guidelines to participate:
1. Create any vegetarian dish with 'toordal' being the main ingredient. Post about it on your blog before June 10th and send me an email. The last date to send entries is June 10th.
2. Toor dal in all forms is accepted. - Fresh or dried, split or whole.
3. Any course or cuisine is welcome and no eggs please.
4. If you have any special toordal dish in your archives that you like to showcase, send them over as well. Just remember to repost it with a link to this post and Kiran's main announcement page.
5. Non bloggers can email me the recipe. I would gladly include them in the final round up.
6. Multiple entries are allowed.
7. Linking to this page and Kiran's announcement page are mandatory. Usage of logo is also mandatory.
8. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with 'toor dal' as the subject with the following details.
* Your name
* Recipe name
* Recipe URL
* Picture URL