My final post during third week of BM#21 under "Cooking with Moong" theme is these nutritious, and yummy sprout tikkis. These are one of the sprouts tikkis made regularly at my home. They can be served as an evening snack or they can go even in ragda patties. Depending upon the mood, one can go with garam masala, cumin / coriander powders, ginger / garlic / green chili paste or whatever spice powders or flavors preferred, while making the patties. This time I kept simple, added chili powder and made them real hot and served them with sweet chutney.
Ingredients: (Yield 10 patties)
1 cup moong beans (Green colored) or moong sprouts (I used sprouts.)
1 cup cooked and mashed potatoes
1/2 cup bread crumbs or as needed for binding
1/8 tsp turmeric powder
Salt and chili powder to taste
Oil to shallow fry the tikkis
How I made them:
* Pressure cook moong beans/sprouts and potato chunks together for 2 whistles.
* Drain and let the moong cool a bit. Mash the potatoes.
* Mix well the moong, potatoes, bread crumbs, salt and chili powder.
* Divide the mixture into 10 portions and shape them into patties.
* Place them on a shallow pan or a tawa and shallow fry them until golden brown on both sides.
* Remove them and serve hot with spicy or sweet chutney.
Check what other marathoners are cooking during BM#21.