I had blogged many recipes earlier with carrot and even hosted an event with the same theme. When I chose to go with carrot theme again during this marathon, I prepared a list of carrot recipes that either I haven't posted or tried yet. My son had suggested a few that included carrot -chocolate cupcakes. I had never tried that combo before and said yes. However I did not do it because I posted two other baked recipes during the carrot week. I went ahead and prepared them this week as I am doing chocolate based muffins. They turned out delicious with a soft texture.
Ingredients: (Yield 7 muffins)
3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
6 Tbsp sugar
5 Tbsp melted butter
1/4 cup milk
1 banana, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup grated carrot
6 Tbsp semisweet chocolate morsels
1. Preheat the oven to 375 deg F.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
3. Mix butter, sugar, vanilla, milk and mashed banana in another bowl.
4. Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
5. Toss carrots, chocolate morsels to the mixture and gently combine.
6. Grease the muffin pan or use paper liners. Spoon the muffin batter into each cup, filling only 2/3rd of the cup.
7. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted at the centre comes out clean.
Check what other marathoners of BM#23 are cooking, here.