Chowder served with Potato-Cheese Bread
Ingredients: (3 servings)
1 Tbsp oil
1 garlic clove crushed
1 small onion, diced
1 small potato, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/4 - 1/2 cup broccoli florets
3/4 cup sweet corn (I used frozen. If using canned, drain before using.)
1-2 Tbsp wheat flour / all purpose flour
1/2 cup fat free milk
1/2 cup vegetable stock (I used a bouillon cube and added water to the preferred consistency.)
4 - 6 Tbsp grated cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
* Heat the oil in a pan and saute garlic, onion, bell pepper and potato for 2 -3 minutes.
* Next stir in the flour and continue to cook for about 30 seconds.
* Stir in the stock and the milk.
* Adjust the chowder to desired consistency by adding extra milk / water as needed
* Add the broccoli and corn, reduce heat and simmer until the veggies are tender.
* Stir in 1/4 cup cheese until it melts.
* Add the seasonings, spoon into bowls and garnish with the remaining cheese.
This is my Day 1 post of Blogging Marathon #26, under the theme "Soups and Salads". Check what other marathoners are cooking during this BM#26.