HOME        |        ABOUT        |        COPYRIGHT        |        CONTACT        |         RECIPE INDEX        |         INDIAN THAALIS        |         MILLET RECIPES        |        EVENTS' ROUNDUP        

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Nannari Sherbet


We own a soda maker and my husband keeps preparing different flavored sodas every night after our dinner, irrespective of the weather outside. Recently he prepared nannari sherbet with the syrup we had. This is one of the popular sherbets for the summer months in Cuddapah, my husband's hometown in Andhra pradesh. 
Nannari plant roots are used to prepare syrup which can be stored for longer periods. The roots have their own distinct, pleasant aroma. Either nannari syrup can be made from scratch using nannari roots or can be bought from stores, for a quicker and easier option. 
I had posted earlier a detailed version of how to prepare nannari syrup from scratch and about nannari lassi. Check here if you are interested. If you have syrup ready, preparing this sherbet is a child's play.


Ingredients:
1/2 litre soda water
Juice squeezed from a small lemon
2 -3 Tbsp nannari syrup

Method:
Mix everything and serve.


Check what other marathoners are cooking during this month long marathon.

Comments 

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Nannari sherbet color looks different from the ones we get in TN :) nevertheless I love the color and addition of soda

Priya Suresh said...

My all time favourite, i can have bottles and bottles of this sherbet while its hot outside.

Lifewithspices said...

such a thirst quenching one..

Srivalli said...

How very interesting to note your daily customary drink. Sometime back we used to make it a habit to have some sweet, these days I have cut it down. Nannari drink is something I have heard so much about, never got a chance to taste it..the colour looks so good.

Unknown said...

Nannari does not sound like anything that I have tasted. Good to learn about something new.

The Pumpkin Farm said...

dont know what nannari is, but am intrigued, the sherbet looks very interesting

Pavani said...

Sounds very interesting and delicious. My husband wants to buy a soda stream, but I've been putting him off for a while now. Do you think it's a good investment??

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Refreshing sherbet. Loved the way that you have presented.
Deepa

preeti garg said...

What a lovely color and sharbet too

Nalini's Kitchen said...

refreshing one,loved the color of the sherbet...

Harini R said...

Lovely color for a refreshing drink. I have heard my folks back home raving about this addictive drink but never had a chance to taste it!!

sujitha said...

Refreshing cooldrink..,,

Rajani S said...

Soda maker sounds real fun! Soda is banned in my place since I used to drink too much of it :D. Nannari combined with soda looks like a good and fun combination.

Archana said...

Nanari is a new ingredient for me. I am going to try and find it. Looks yum.

Manju said...

As you make soda long time back my hubby use to try shake, have heard about this but I thought its a fruit, nice to know about full story.

veena said...

Refreshing Sherbet