HOME        |        ABOUT        |        COPYRIGHT        |        CONTACT        |         RECIPE INDEX        |         INDIAN THAALIS        |         MILLET RECIPES        |        EVENTS' ROUNDUP        

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Banana - Chocolate Smoothie

I had chosen "Smoothies" theme for this week's blogging marathon and the timing wouldn't have been more perfect than this. Our summer months here are June through August and we hit very few 80 deg F (around 26 deg C) kind of temperatures until the middle of August this year and I was enjoying the balmy weather. I had even mentioned to my mother a couple of weeks ago, that we had relatively a mild summer here in Chicago-land compared to previous summers. I had spoken too soon it seems and from last few days even though I am not seeing sun much, temperatures are more or less around 90 deg F. I know if I mentioned this to any southerner or people living along the west coast, they would have been wrinkling their noses at me. :)
This heat and muggy weather is making everyone at home preferring cold smoothies, ice-creams, chilled juices and that kind of stuff. My daughter who seldom throws a look at chilled stuff  has been reaching for that chocolate ice-cream carton in the freezer more and more. I had prepared this yummy smoothie a few days back with some leftover overripe bananas. Make sure that sweet variety kind bananas are used. Add frozen banana / some ice cubes if not using frozen yogurt. 

Blend the following ingredients to a smooth consistency and serve immediately.
1 sweet variety banana (Bananas can be frozen ahead too.)
2-3 tbsp chocolate chips
2/3 cup frozen yogurt (or substitute chocolate ice cream.)
Sweetener if needed

Comments

11 comments:

Varada's Kitchen said...

Love this combination. I have a couple of frozen overripe bananas in the freezer. Should try this.

Unknown said...

Banana and chocolate smoothie really looks very delicious and yumm :) I wud love to finish the glass right away :)

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Comforting and delicious to look at smoothie. Excellent preparation.
Deepa

Srividhya said...

Chocolate and banana , wow awesome combo

Srivalli said...

I am glad I got this theme right this time..:)..anything with chocolate is my favorite..very nicely clicked..

Priya Suresh said...

One of the favourite combo in smoothie,droolworthy.

Unknown said...

Lovelyyy.. Welcome to my event "Back to School Lunch Ideas" & participate with ur lovely recipes :)

Harini R said...

Good one Suma. My kids are hooked onto this!!

vaishali sabnani said...

Awesome combo total hit and beautifully clicked.

Sneha's Recipe said...

A yummy looking smoothie.

lavina agarwal said...

nice combination