Apple and peach crisp gets made frequently in my kitchen as my kids love them. I tried it with banana this time as I had plenty of bananas on hand and made a chocolaty version for my daughter. My son and I preferred the nut version more than the chocolate one. Soft, gooey bananas with a crisp oat - brown sugar topping tastes delicious. If using nuts, cinnamon / vanilla flavors can be added as well. Below recipe yields one serving and can be made in a ramekin for individual serving. Increase the proportions to make more servings.
Ingredients: (one serving)
1 tbsp. coarsely chopped walnuts / chocolate chips
2 tsp. sugar if banana is not sweet (optional)
Ingredients for topping:
2 tbsp. quick cooking oats
1 tbsp. wheat flour / all purpose flour
2 to 3 tbsp. brown sugar
1.5 tbsp melted butter
* Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
* Thinly slice the bananas. Combine banana slices, sugar and chocolate chips / nuts if using in a bowl or directly in a ramekin / baking dish.
* Combine oats, flour, brown sugar and butter in another bowl. Spread the topping mixture over the banana slices evenly. Bake until the top is golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
* Serve warm, with ice cream if preferred.
This is my entry to
1. Blogging marathon #53.
2. Srivalli's 'Kids' Delight' event hosted by Harini this month with the theme 'Fruits'.