1 cup Greek yogurt
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 garlic clove chopped
1 small cucumber
Salt to taste
Freshly cracked black pepper corns to taste
1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill leaves (Mint / parsley may be substituted.)
* Follow this step only if using full fat yogurt. Line a colander with multiple folds of cheese cloth or a thin cotton cloth and drain full fat yogurt in it for about 2 - 3 hours or until the desired consistency is reached. Place the colander in the refrigerator while draining the yogurt.
* Peel and remove the seeds from the cucumber. Chop fine or grate the cucumber and sprinkle salt over it. Leave the mixture in the colander for about 30 minutes or so to drain the water. If the cucumbers are cubed, pat with paper towels to remove any extra moisture. In case the cucumber was grated, just squeeze out any extra water using hands.
* Add cucumber, garlic, lemon juice and chopped dill to a food processor and blend. Add this mixture and ground pepper to the yogurt and mix well. Taste and add salt if needed and stir well to combine.
* Allow it to rest for sometime before serving so that flavors can develop.
* If not using immediately, refrigerate the tzatziki. It can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 -3 days.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 56