2 very ripe bananas
1&1/2 cups almond milk or any other non-dairy milk
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Vegan butter / Cooking spray
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
* Sliced baguette diagonally into 1" pieces.
* Blend bananas, milk, cornstarch and vanilla until smooth.
* Arrange the baguette slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Pour the banana mixture over the bread and flip the slices to coat all over evenly. Let them sit for 10 minutes. Then flip them over and soak again for 10 more minutes.
* Preheat a non-stick skillet, over medium heat. Melt butter over the pan or spray with cooking spray. Place as many bread slices as the pan can hold. Cook for 5 -7 minutes or until it is toasted golden brown. Flip to the other side and cook until it turns golden brown as well.
* Keep them covered with foil to keep them warm while cooking other batches or serve them immediately.
* Mix together cinnamon and cocoa powder together in a small bowl.
* When ready to serve, arrange the french toast on the serving palte and generously sprinkle the cinnamon-cocoa mixture.
* Serve with maple syrup / fruit if desired.
This goes to Blogging marathon #60 under the theme 'Bookmarked Recipes'. Check the link to see what other marathoners are cooking.