Mug cakes are a great option when one is looking to satisfy their sweet tooth with no efforts or time involved. Today's chocolate mug cake is such one treat which takes around three minutes from start to finish. Chocolate based mug cakes have become my daughter's favorite ever since she tasted her first nutella mug cake.
The idea for the recipe comes from here and I had to tweak the recipe after the first trial though it had good reviews on the site. The original version was slightly on the dry side and was bitter for my daughter's tastes.
3 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. baking powder
A pinch of salt
3 tbsp. oil
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. milk
* Combine all the dry ingredients in a microwave safe mug / small bowl. Next add the wet ingredients and mix well to form a
smooth, runny batter.
* Place the mug in the microwave and cook for two minutes. Let it sit for another 30 seconds before serving.
* It can be enjoyed plain or with ice cream / whipped cream.
This is going to be a part of
1. Blogging marathon #61 and check here to find out what other marathoners are cooking today.
2. Kids' Delight event, hosted by Kalyani this month under the theme 'Chocolate' with a #KidsDelightChocoGiveaway.