HOME        |        ABOUT        |        COPYRIGHT        |        CONTACT        |         RECIPE INDEX        |         INDIAN THAALIS        |         MILLET RECIPES        |        EVENTS' ROUNDUP        

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Lime Tea

I chose to go with tea recipes under the beverages theme for this week's marathon as I haven't posted even a single coffee / tea recipe on my blog so far. The reluctance on my part was mainly because I am not into either of them. My husband who was a coffee fanatic shifted to tea a few years back and I have become quite good with it in terms of preparation, rotating the variations. At any given time, we have at least half a dozen tea blends along with homemade chai masala even though officially he is the only one who consumes tea in our home.
For today's version, I  used orange pekoe and pekoe cut black tea bags from Rituals. The term orange pekoe has nothing to do with the fruit but it is used in terms of grading the tea leaves. The brew would be a weak one if you follow the package directions, especially if you are used to the desi chai version. My husband usually doubles up the tea proportion and even adds a dash of milk when he uses this blend. For today's version, I went along on the lines of a nimbu chai / lemon tea recipe. I infused the brew with lemon zest to further accentuate the citrusy flavor.
Ingredients:
1 cup / 8 oz. water
1/2 tsp. lime zest (or lemon zest)
2 tea bags / 1 to 2 tsp. black tea leaves (Any black tea bags will do.)
Lime juice to taste (Start with a tsp of lime / lemon juice.)
Sweetener of your choice to taste

Method:
* Bring water to a boil in a sauce pan. 
* Add the lime zest and black tea leaves and let it boil on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. If using tea bags, place the tea bags in the boiling water and steep for about 3 to 4 minutes. Or adjust the brewing time to your taste. Turn off the stove.
* Stir in the lime juice and sweetener that is being used. taste and adjust the flavors if needed. Pass through a tea strainer and serve.

 
Check here to see what other marathoners are cooking during Blogging Marathon #61.

Comments

12 comments:

Srivalli said...

That's quite an interesting version of tea...I am a coffee person through and through..:)..and I love your clicks..

vaishali sabnani said...

Capturing clicks ! The tea is so inviting .

Gayathri Kumar said...

Never attempted different variety of teas. This tea looks so nice..

Harini R said...

Love the lime flavor in tea. Never trying adding lime zest in tea, though. shall try it out today :)

Jayanthi said...

Quite an interesting flavor for tea...I'm sure they must taste so refreshing.

Unknown said...

One of my favourite tea looks so refreshing .......

Srividhya said...

Refreshing flavor. Bright and colorful tea

Pavani said...

Such a refreshing tea Suma. Love the color of it.

MySpicyKitchen said...

I am not a tea person either but you tea looks flavorful.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said...

The color of the tea is amazing!

Priya Suresh said...

Just drooling here, i want this tea rite now.

cookingwithsapana said...

Very nice lemon tea.