HOME        |        ABOUT        |        COPYRIGHT        |        CONTACT        |         RECIPE INDEX        |         INDIAN THAALIS        |         MILLET RECIPES        |        EVENTS' ROUNDUP        

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Announcing 'Microwave Easy Cooking' Event - October '09 Edition

Though I have been blogging for almost close to three years, the hosting of a cooking event always intimidated me. I assume it to be a difficult task even now and therefore never came up with an event or had mustered courage to ask the event runners when they announce for hosting opportunities. My son, Shreyas who follows and helps to run this blog has been more enthusiastic and braver than me and was nudging me from the day one to host an event. When Srivalli asked me whether I could host the "MICROWAVE EASY COOKING", popularly known as MEC event, I therefore readily accepted it. Thanks, Srivalli for giving me the opportunity this month to host the event, which has popularised the use of MW across numerous kitchens. Now let us move to the theme of the event. Being a vegetarian all my life, I cherish the nutritious, fat free vegetables/fruits which play a key role in my diet and and in my life. I therefore decided to celebrate the 'Fresh Produce' for my first ever hosting event. Since vegetables/fruits are easily accessible to everyone around the globe and all human population consumes them, I hope the theme is appealing to everyone. :)) I invite all food lovers, both bloggers & non bloggers to participate in the event and make my first event successful. I am using the term 'Fresh Produce' to include all/any fresh vegetable/fruit/herb. To start with, here is a list of vegetables and fruits. Guidelines for participation 1. Prepare any vegetarian/vegan recipe using 'Fresh produce' and post it on your blog from now till the last date of the month. I will accept any cuisine, any course as long as they are vegetarian / vegan recipes and feature the theme ingredient. Please note that dry fruits, dried beans and eggs are not allowed. I will loosen up my rule a little bit regarding the frozen stuff, if you think it is convenient for you. However try to use the fresh stuff. 2. As the name of the event suggests, the entire cooking needs to be done in a Microwave oven. Feel free to use a blender/food processor for grinding/mixing but no stove top cooking please. 3. Deadline to send entries for the event is 31 st October’09. Please provide a link to this announcement page and to Srivalli's main announcement page. Please use the logo below if you chose to. 4. Send a mail with MEC - Fresh Produce in the subject line to toveggieplatter[at]hotmail[dot]com with the following details. . Your name . Your blog name . Name of the entry . URL of your post . A photograph of the final dish 5. Multiple entries are welcome. Recipes submitted to other events are also allowed. 6. Recipes from archives can also be sent only if they are re-posted with a link to this announcement page and Srivalli's event page. 7. If you don't own a blog and would like to participate, send an email with the recipe and the above-mentioned details and I will gladly include them in the round up.

A round up of submitted recipes would be posted sometime in the first week of November. Waiting for the delicious entries from all the food lovers and hoping I would not be disappointed. Post a Comment

7 comments:

Siri said...

Hey Suma,

Nice theme. I added yours to my event list. Happy hosting. :-)

Siri

Priya Suresh said...

Nice theme Suma, happy hosting..

Srivalli said...

Thanks for hosting Suma..

Anonymous said...

Hey Suma,
I have sent you my entry.Thanks for hosting :)

Sheetal

Unknown said...

Nice theme! Happy hosting your first event!

Archy said...

Healthy theme.. count me in !!

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Suma,
I have sent my entry. Let me know if you received it.

-Cool Lassi(e)
http://pangravykadaicurry.blogspot.com