I know I have been missing from action for quite sometime now. An intentional weeklong break turned into a longer one, amidst the daily chaos of a normal life. :) Time flies by, isn't it? However cliched the statement may seem, it is the eternal truth. Susan assured me the same last March when I had requested for an earlier MLLA hosting opportunity. The earliest she could come up with was this month owing to the immense popularity of MLLA. :)
Thanks to Susan, her wonderful event "My Legume Love Affair" aka "MLLA" is stopping by veggieplatter, this month and I am requesting my fellow foodies to join me in celebrating this "legume love affair". As the name indicates, MLLA is all about legumes.
What is a legume?
" A legume is a plant in the family Fabaceae or Leguminosae, or a fruit of these specific plants. A legume fruit is a simple dry fruit that develops from a simple carpel and usually dehisces (opens along a seam) on two sides. A common name for this type of fruit is a pod, although the term "pod" is also applied to a few other fruit types, such as vanilla and radish. Well-known legumes include alfaalfa, clover, peas, beans, lentils, lupins, mesquite, carob, soy and peanuts." (Source - Wiki)
The eligible legumes for this event:
Fresh or dried beans, lentils, pulses, and/or the sometimes edible pods that contain these seeds, and derivative products like tofu or besan/chickpea flour all come under "legumes". Even tamarind, fenugreek, carob, peanuts, etc. are among some of the other edible plants in the legume family which are included in this event. MLLA is really about legumes of any sort as the main draw. In short, I accept an entry as long as the recipe showcases the legume primarily but not as an auxiliary ingredient.
Simple guidelines for participation in the event:
* Only vegetarian / vegan recipes with legume(s) as the star ingredient are eligible. A spoonful or soupcon of a legume is not quite enough to qualify. All courses and cuisines are welcome.
* Deadline for the event is 31st October, 2011. Please provide a link to this event announcement page and Susan's host lineup page.
* Please send me an email notifying about your entry to email@example.com with these details - your name, your location, recipe name, recipe URL and a 400 pixel sized image of the final dish.
* Multiple recipes are permitted but only one submission will be counted towards the random drawing/s.
* Recipes from archives are accepted only if updated and reposted as current. This is strictly mandatory.
* Recipes submitted to other events are also permitted.
* Recipes from nonbloggers are also welcome and make eligible the participants to win a prize.
* Use of logo is optional.
One of the exciting features of this event are the prizes by Susan, offered to winners chosen by random drawings. Please note that neither Susan's family/ friends nor mine are eligible to win these prizes.
1) The New Food Lover's Companion by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. This prize is offered by Susan without influence at her expense, and she will also absorb worldwide shipping charges. F.T.C. Notice: Susan does not receive any compensation from Amazon.
2) Hurst Bean Box - A case of six bags of the winner's choice of Hurst Bean products, suitable for every diet, sponsored by Hurst Bean. (Due to shipping restrictions, this prize can only be awarded if the winner is a U.S. resident.) F.T.C. Notice: In May 2010, Susan, at her request, received two Hurst Bean complimentary products which are not available for purchase in her local markets. Susan does not generally accept free products from Hurst Bean nor is she financially compensated by them.
Drawing Structure - If the winner is a U.S. resident, she/he will be the recipient of both Prizes 1 and 2 above. In the event that an international winner is drawn, a second drawing will be conducted from the U.S. pool of entrants to ensure that the Hurst Prize is awarded every month. In these instances, the international winner will receive the book, and the U.S. winner will receive the Hurst Prize.
I am looking forward to your wonderful entries. :)