HOME        |        ABOUT        |        COPYRIGHT        |        CONTACT        |         RECIPE INDEX        |         INDIAN THAALIS        |         MILLET RECIPES        |        EVENTS' ROUNDUP        

Friday, June 4, 2021

Chikoo - Nuts MilkShake

I cooked some protein based dishes to post this week in advance but at the last minute decided to put them aside. I instead opted to post some super easy and quick dishes which would be way more than welcome during this season. I posted uddina hittu yesterday which was a 5 minute yogurt based, south Indian side dish. Today's recipe is for a nutritious, yummy and rich milkshake can be whipped up in a couple of minutes. 
I had used store bought almond milk, frozen chikoo / sapodilla pieces, almonds, cashews and soft pitted dates for my milkshake. Cow's milk, coconut milk, oat milk or any other kind can be used in place of almond milk. Fresh chikoo are easily available in India where as frozen chikoo can be found in the freezer section of Indian grocery stores in US. I would recommend freezing the chikoo pieces if one is going with fresh ones to avoid adding ice cubes which dilutes the shake. I added nuts to make it protein rich drink but that can be avoided all together. I did not feel any need to add sweetener because of the dates I used. 
This creamy, rich and very tasty milkshake can be a part of a breakfast / brunch platter or a quick breakfast on it's own.

Ingredients:
2 cups chilled almond milk
1.5 to 2 cups of fresh / frozen chikoo / sapodilla pieces
1/4 cup almonds & cashew nuts
8 -10 pitted dates

Directions:
* If using fresh chikoo pieces then freeze them in advance. 
* Chill the almond milk as well if using home made almond milk.
* Blend together all ingredients to a thick puree and enjoy.

bmlogo

This post is an entry for Blogging Marathon under the theme 'Protein rich dishes'. Check the link to find out what other marathoners are cooking.

Comment

5 comments:

MySpicyKitchen said...

I like using frozen fruits and berries in milkshakes. I have not tried frozen chikoo and will look for it next time. I recently started using dates as a substitute and am really liking this natural sweetener better than sugar. Milkshake looks really good and sure it tasted amazing.

vaishali sabnani said...

What a wonderful way to make this milkshake full of protein ! Almond milk , nuts , dates - wow ! The frozen chikko or any fruit for milk shake is a great idea .
I don’t drink shakes but this glass is truly very tempting and nutritious at the same time .

Rafeeda - The Big Sweet Tooth said...

Anything with chickoos for me! I totally love to eat this fruit and wish it was available here more frequently. I am in love with that thick creamy milkshake...

Radha said...

I love chickoo and chickoo milkshake is my favorite. This one loaded with nuts and tastes is going to be absolutely delicious.

Narmadha said...

Milkshake loaded with nuts is always so so delicious and this one with almond milk, dates and nuts makes it more healthy and nutritious.