HOME        |        ABOUT        |        COPYRIGHT        |        CONTACT        |         RECIPE INDEX        |         INDIAN THAALIS        |         MILLET RECIPES        |        EVENTS' ROUNDUP        

Friday, October 21, 2011

Black Bean - Carrot Soup


Here is a creamy, fiber rich soup with a beautiful hue, somewhat representing the fall season around here. A pumpkin soup recipe that I saw on my local television channel is the inspiration behind this black bean - carrot soup.  Since there were no "pumpkin soup" takers at home, I started with replacing it by carrot but in the middle, deviated completely from the original recipe to create my own version for BM#9. :)

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp olive oil / butter
1 clove garlic
1 onion, finely minced
1 tomato, diced
1/2 cup cooked / canned black beans
1 big carrot / 2 small carrots - peeled and diced
2 cups vegetable broth
Salt and pepper to taste
(Optionally, chili powder & cumin powder can be added to the soup.)


Method:
In a stock pot, melt the butter or add olive oil. Saute onions and garlic until they are translucent. Then add tomatoes, carrot, beans, vegetable broth, salt and pepper. Simmer on low heat until the vegetables are tender. 
This soup can be served as is or puree the whole mixture and serve. Garnish with croutons if desired.

This is going to be my entry for Susan's MLLA, 40th edition hosted by me this month.

This also goes to
1. "Global Food Festival" by Kalyani
2. "Soups & Salads Mela" by Srivalli.

11 comments:

Harini said...

Nice fall colors there!! I am sure I am going to make this sometime soon. I have been looking for variations to some protein filled soups!!

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Easy Breezy and colorful soup!

The Pumpkin Farm said...

nice soup, interesting combination of carrots and black bean

Srivalli said...

Very colourful soup Suma..do send me some!

Priya Suresh said...

Wow excellent combo, comforting bowl.

Gayathri Kumar said...

Delicious soup. Loved the idea of adding black beans....

Hema said...

delicious and healthy !!

Archana said...

Looks delicious.Love the colours.
I am hosting a new event which I am calling Back to our Roots. Do check out my event and send me your entries from 15/10/11 to 30/11/11.

Unknown said...

Comforting, creamy and yummy soup

Swati Saha said...

Great way to get my family to eat carrots. Will definitely give it a try

Unknown said...

yum yum yum!...all I can say is Yum!