HOME        |        ABOUT        |        COPYRIGHT        |        CONTACT        |         RECIPE INDEX        |         INDIAN THAALIS        |         MILLET RECIPES        |        EVENTS' ROUNDUP        

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

B ~ Bhel Puri



Event: Blogging Marathon #32
Theme: Pictorial Post

I could not properly execute my initially chalked out plan regarding this marathon because of my absence from home for more than two months. The finalized recipe lists and plans had gone to a toss owing to the pre and post travel chaos. I had to again sit and wrack my brain to go through what I need to cook for some of the alphabets this week but have decided not to stress out much and enjoy this marathon. I am going to go with those dishes that keep repeatedly cooked and enjoyed in my kitchen. Bhel puri is one such snack that appears during evenings when ever my husband is in charge of the kitchen. Honestly I rarely make bhel puri as it is always him who takes care of it.


Bhel puri made with puffed rice is one of the popular street / beach snacks through out India. As this is supposedly a pictorial post without recipe, I am letting my pictures do the talking / explaining. I just would like to mention that you can add whatever you like / have at hand. And so one can always add extra ingredients or omit any from the following list. By having chutneys / sev ready in advance makes it a lot easier and quicker to put this dish together.




Check the blogging marathon page for the other marathoners doing BM #32.  And logo courtesy - Preeti

 




16 comments:

Sandhya Karandikar said...

Best snack to eat anytime anywhere. Your pictures look very tempting.

Harini R said...

Love this simple and filling snack! My friend made a variation of this when we went camping a few weeks back and it was an irresistible version!

kitchen queen said...

colourful and delicious bhel puri.

Srivalli said...

I love those pictures Suma..good that you decided not to stress out..I am sure all of them will turn out great!

Hamaree Rasoi said...

My all time favourite street food. Lovely and colorful preparation.
Deepa

Janani said...

all time fav snack so yumm dont think there would be anyone who would say no to this snack.love bhel a lot.

Priya Suresh said...

My all time favourite snack, can have it anytime.

Rajani S said...

My mother used to make this from scratch when I was a kid. Now Haldiram does it for me :D. I found out about the buy everything individually and mixing it quite late actually! It really is a time saver and tastes great too!

Pavani said...

My snack loving husband can gobble that whole plate up in one sitting. Looks perfect for tea time :-)

Unknown said...

my favorite snack & just perfect with coffee..

Chef Mireille said...

perfect snack food. a bowl of that watching a movie would be great

Gayathri Kumar said...

The bowl of bhel puri looks so colourful and absolutely inviting...

Unknown said...

Mouthwatering Chaat. Very tempting and well captured here!

Oriyarasoi said...

quick and easy snack...we call it jhal mudhi !!!

veena said...

perfect snack anytime and love the colours:-)

Saraswathi Ganeshan said...

Can you pass me the plate..I can have it any time..Love your clear pictorial..