HOME        |        ABOUT        |        COPYRIGHT        |        CONTACT        |         RECIPE INDEX        |         INDIAN THAALIS        |         MILLET RECIPES        |        EVENTS' ROUNDUP        

Monday, February 17, 2020

Amaranth Chocolate Pudding

The three posts this week as part of the blogging marathon are going to be milk based puddings. The first one in the series is going to be this amaranth pudding with a chocolate base. I initially wanted to cook amaranth pudding, the Indian kheer style but at the end decided to change the course. I cooked amaranth in milk to a thick mass and stirred in some chocolate and sweetener which resulted in a yummy dessert. I cooked a small portion for myself but my daughter ended up eating it at her lunch. It was delicious and she didn't mind the texture of the amaranth here with chocolate playing an equal part. My daughter wanted to eat as it is but a dollop of ice cream, sauce or poached fruit may be a nice addition.
Ingredients for 1 serving:
1 and 1/4 cups milk
3 tbsp. amaranth seeds
1 oz. chocolate
Sweetener to taste (I used organic honey.)

Directions:
* Wash amaranth seeds and drain the water carefully. 
* Add the drained amaranth and milk to a pot. Cook on medium flame, stirring intermittently. (I cooked for about 40 to 45 minutes.) 
* Turn off the stove and add sweetener and chocolate after a couple of minutes. Gently stir in until the chocolate melts and serve immediately or chilled.


5 comments:

Srivalli said...

Wow that's such a delicious take on a pudding Suma, looks very sinful! Even I won't mind this for my meal..:)

sushma said...

Wow chocolate pudding looks super delicious.

Harini R said...

I consider any dish to be a hit if the kids like it. This one definitely sounds like kids will love it. Shall check out next time I have amaranth seeds at home.

Pavani said...

Wow, adding chocolate to amaranth pudding sounds like a great idea. It is healthy, nutritious and delicious. Looks very inviting too.

Amara’s cooking said...

Amaranth in chocolate pudding sounds delicious Suma. Nutrious too.