HOME        |        ABOUT        |        COPYRIGHT        |        CONTACT        |         RECIPE INDEX        |         INDIAN THAALIS        |         MILLET RECIPES        |        EVENTS' ROUNDUP        

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tomato - Basil Salad


I chose the "soups and salads" theme for the first round of Blogging Marathon #9. And if anyone has missed my posts during this marathon, here is a list of what I blogged so far.

Broccoli - Cheese Soup
Black-eyed Peas Soup
Corn Soup
Cracked Wheat Salad
Custard Fruit Salad
Black bean - Carrot Soup

Truth be told, I am not a great fan of soups and salads but the rest of my family is. My kids have acquired their dad's gene of love for soups/salads and so I end up making them frequently. For the final day, I was actually planning to prepare a simple tomato - basil salad but a few other ingredients went in during preparation, as per the recommendation of my family.
I am just giving a list of ingredients that I used and one can freely go ahead and add what ever they prefer.  Just add everything to a salad bowl, toss and serve.


Ingredients for one serving:
1 Tomato - Chopped into 8 to 12 chunks depending upon the size
Basil leaves (10 - 12)
Pitted Black olives (I added a handful.)
Bread Croutons (I added a handful.)
Cheese (I added diced, homemade paneer. )
Pickled dills and banana pepper rings
Light Italian dressing (or go with olive oil+lemon juice+vinegar+ salt)
Salt if needed

This goes to
1. "Global Food Festival" by Kalyani
2. "Soups & Salads Mela" by Srivalli.

Comments

12 comments:

Alpana said...

Salad looks colourful & very healthy.....awesome.

Harini said...

Nice presentation and assortment of colors!!
Same here, I am not a great fan of salads though I enjoy all kinds of vegetarian soups!!

Mélange ! said...

Wow..a melange of colours there.Very healthy.

Srivalli said...

Very colour salad Suma..

Prathima Rao said...

Refreshing salad!! Btw..tried out your cucumber playa & everyone at home, esp my sis loved the dish!! Thx dear for that wonderful recipe :)
Prathima Rao
Prats corner

Unknown said...

Healthy,colorful and yummy salad

Priya Suresh said...

Super colourful salad, truly refreshing.

Gayathri Kumar said...

Very colourful salad...

Kalyani said...

great pics Suma .. lovely combo..


Kalyani
Join me in GFF - a 100-day Global Food Festival here
event ending 31st Oct: Strawberry desserts all this October

Hari Chandana P said...

Very healthy recipe.. looks colorful !!
Indian Cuisine

Swati Saha said...

Looks nice and colorful. Since your family likes salads, try the panzanella - Italian bread salad at http://omnivore-almostveg.blogspot.com/2011/08/celebrating-farmers-market.html#more

Unknown said...

nice and easy...very colorful too!